PLEASE NOTE: If your doctor instructed you to use the Colyte, Golytely, or Nulytely preparation before your colonoscopy, follow the instructions below. It is very important that you use the specific colonoscopy preparation instructed by your doctor.
For your procedure, please follow the instructions listed below:
(1) The entire day before your procedure have a clear liquid diet. This will consist of tea, black coffee, coke, sprite, 7-Up, clear juices (apple, grape), Jello, broth, Gatorade, Popsicle's, lemon-lime Crystal Light. Do NOT eat any milk products or solid foods. Avoid red Jello.
(2) Take four (4) Dulcolax laxative tablets at 12 noon the day before the procedure (available without a prescription).
(3) Add water to the laxative powder to the fill line and shake well the morning before your procedure. Put the container in the refrigerator to chill. Start drinking the solution at 4 PM and drink at least one glass every 30 minutes. Continue drinking until stools are clear. (Light yellow or greenish color is OK if clear.)
(4) Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight. If you are on any heart or blood pressure medications, you may take them with just a sip of water the morning of your procedure.
(5) If you are unable to drink the solution, or if your stools are not clear, please call the office at 267-5677 for other instructions; you may need to use one or two fleet enemas. It is very important that your colon is clean; otherwise, the procedure may need to be rescheduled for another day.
(6) Please do NOT take any medications that contain ASPIRIN or IRON for at least three (3) days before your procedure.
(7) You MUST have someone drive you home after your procedure.
Click here for frequently asked questions about the Colyte, GolytelyTM or NulytelyTM Preparation.